8 December 2011

Where did Autumn Go?

So its been some time since I was last here... and on many other of my favourite blogs - its taken several cups of tea to catch up over at the new home of Sew Retro.  There's been a lot going on and not much of it has been sewing!  I'm well and truly into youth theatre panto season but this year, I'm joining the sideline with costume and have taken on role of co-writer, director and choreographer.

But you can take the sewer away from the sewing but not the sewing away form the sewer, I'll be dabbling in costume and there will be pictures... my fairies for example are costumed in chiffon gowns from a vintage 60's night-dress pattern, the heroine of the show will be resplendent in a mock-tudor gown based on a 1980s prom dress pattern...  My personal costume challenge came from taking the designer's ideas and creating patterns simple enough that the group can produce them with little expertise, time and budget.  Its required a lot of planning and creative thinking, but very interesting sourcing patterns that the team can adapt and giving 20 minute lessons in how to produce certain style features or garments!  I look forward to sharing it all in the new year! Seasons Greetings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds like it has been a very busy time! Are you going to post pictures of their finished costumes, would be very interested to see them!

    And welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! Can't wait to see some fairie costumes!

    ReplyDelete